Information for Chairs
We truly appreciate your willingness to chair an oral session at the PER-IADR Oral Health Research Congress Pan European Region of the International Association for Dental Research Congress in Marseille. We have defined here the most important duties of a chair:
Thank you for promoting high-quality Oral Health Research in Europe.
- Arrive in good time before the oral/symposia session is due to start.
- Start the meeting:
"Welcome to the Pan European Region of the International Association for Dental Research (PER-IADR Oral Health Research Congress ) Congress in Marseille. This oral/symposium session is titled "xxx" and x (6 or 8) abstracts will be presented. We will start now with the first presentation titled xxx by xxx (author name) ".
- Once the presenter has finished his presentation, ask 1-2 questions and encourage the participants to ask questions. Be prepared to highlight issues that no-one else would. Make sure you are prepared for quiet moments to ask questions.
- Introduce shortly the next author and title of the abstract that will be presented. (Repeat step 3+4 until all presentations are finished)
- Keep strictly to the agenda according to the programme book.
Oral presentation duration: 10 minutes, plus 5 minutes for discussion. Symposium presentation duration is according to the programme book.
- To ensure that people who want to listen to a specific presentation and follow the programme book, please keep the agenda strictly according to the programme book; even if one (or more) presenter(s) will not show up. You may want to ask questions to bridge the waiting time.
Worst case scenario, you have to inform the session attendees to wait until it is time for the next author to present.
- Ensure that if jargon and abbreviations are used, all attendees understand them.
- Report 'No shows (presenter absent)' to the local PER-IADR Oral Health Research Congress staff and send an e-mail afterwards to [email protected]